Looking for the best baby cribs to buy in 2016?
If yes, then you are at right place, doesn’t matter you are a parents or not. Hence choosing a good baby crib and crib mattress is really a difficult job when you have a lot of options to choose from.
That’s why we have compiled a list of best cribs 2016. Our list of the best baby cribs will help parents choosing a perfect crib which provides premium level of safety.
See below our unbiased reviews & buying guide to choose the best models from the list of our best cribs 2016.
Best Baby Cribs 2016
One thing we can say for sure is that these baby cribs are good enough to make it to our list of the top 10 best cribs 2016.
|Best Cribs Name||Product Dimensions (inches)||Item Weight|
|DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail, Chestnut |
|54.4 x 35 x 41.9||56 pounds|
|Delta Children Canton 4-in-1 Convertible Crib, Espresso Cherry||54.5 x 34.5 x 43.5||62 Pounds|
|DaVnci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertable Crib, Ebony||54.6 x 30.4 x 41.1||45.5 pounds|
|babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail|
|54 x 29.8 x 35||56.5 pounds|
|DaVinci Jayden 4 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail, Ebony||30.8 x 58.2 x 70.5||70 pounds|
|Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail, Two Tone||54 x 29.8 x 35||56.5 pounds|
|DaVinci Emily Mini Crib - Ebony and Crescent Mini Crib|
|Graco Charleston Convertible Crib, Espresso||30.1 x 56.5 x 45.7||65.2 pounds|
|Stork Craft Portofino 4-in-1 Fixed Side Convertible Crib and Changer, Espresso|
|Union 3-in-1 Convertible Crib, Espresso Finish|
Best Baby Cribs Reviews
1. Best Convertible Crib to Buy in 2016 - DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail, Chesnut
DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib is one of the best selling & top rated baby cribs available on amazon. What makes this crib one of the best is because it transforms into a toddler bed and then into a
This is probably the easiest piece of furniture to assemble. It takes the shortest time possible.
If you are used to 3 mattress levels, this crib has four making it a good choice for both short and tall people. You can complete the collection with the classic Kalani 3-Drawer Changer Dresser that is a must-have in any nursery.
- It is a nice looking crib that is easy to assemble.
- It is easy to move the mattress up and down.
- It is sturdy and safe for kids.
- It comes with toddler rails.
- You will have a crib, toddler, day and full sized bed.
- This crib comes with a toddler rail, but it does not come with rails to convert it into a full sized bed.
- It does not fit in doorways easily and it is also very heavy.
2. Beautiful & Sturdy Crib - Delta Children Canton 4-in-1 Convertible Crib, Espresso Cherry -
Canton 4-in-1 Convertible Crib from Delta Children is a great sturdy crib and it meets all the safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM. This is a crib that comes in only 3 colors, but the fact that it is very stable and
It is easy to convert the crib to a toddler bed and it comes with a guardrail and for the full
Well, the only bad side about this crib is that it is said to fall apart and splinter easily, which is a particular concern for hyper toddlers.
- It offers timeless style from its sleigh style
- It grows with your little one all the way from a crib, toddler bed, daybed and full sized bed
- It is nontoxic, sturdy and strong
- It fits a standard sized crib mattress comfortably
- It does not come with instructions on how to assemble, making it a bit hectic to put together
- It has some smell that requires airing before using it
- Some customer
complainabout the material being easy to dent and scratch.
3.Beautiful Crib and Easy to Assembly - DaVnci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertable Crib, Ebony
Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib is one of the best JPMA certified cribs available on amazon. It is made of solid New Zealand Pine wood and it has four adjustable crib mattress offers the best quality benefits of safety and comfort.
Jenny Lind celebrates traditional beauty. It is one of the cribs that DaVinci produced and it offers timeless artistry that has come to be loved as well as a popular classic. It is a crib that you will treasure in your nursery for years. It has a stunning and elegant look that is at the same time safe.
Safety is what it offers best. It has fixed sides that provide stability, guard rails for extra support. The non-toxic finish will not disappoint you. This crib has a simple design that enhances the nursery’s appearance.
This is a crafted crib. It has got castors that allow you to move it around the house. If you love colors,this crib comes in 7 different colors from which you can choose. The crib will as well grow with your baby as you can convert it to a toddler bed or a
The only thing about this crib is that it does not convert to a full sized bed. Most customers have also complained about the wheels which they feel are not safe and the railing breaks easily causing the bottom to fall out from the underside at times.
- This crib will grow with your baby from a crib, toddler bed and day bed.
- You have the option of completing the collection with a Jenny Lind 3-Drawer Changer Dresser.
- It has a beautiful and attractive.
- It is light and very easy to move when you are cleaning under the crib.
- It offers a crib, day bed and toddler bed.
- It is considered unsafe by most customers since it has a castors and the metal spring frame has moveable arms that cause the mattress to tilt.
- Customers have also complained about the paint chipping off as soon as the baby start teething and biting the rails.
4. Solid Wood & GREENGUARD Certified Crib - DaVinci Jayden 4 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail, Ebony
DaVinci Jayden 4-in-1 Convertible Crib is solidly crafted from New Zealand pine wood, making a sturdy and strong crib that you will use for a lifetime. This is in addition to the fact that you have a crib, toddler bed, day bed and a
This is a crib that combines traditional appeal and timeless clean lines. The elegantly curved back and simple solid slats make it a crib that celebrates generations of style. If you are looking for a crib that does not have moving parts, this is the crib to buy. It is one of the static cribs in the market.
It is very easy to assemble and convert and for the toddler bed, it comes with the rails included. For the full sized bed, you have to buy the rails separately. The 4 level mattress supports make it a convenient crib to work with. The non-toxic finish makes a healthy crib for your little one.
- It is sturdy, good construction and has a nice finish.
- It Converts to toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed
- It has a non-toxic finish.
- The space underneath is too little for it to even fit a shoe box.
- The material used to make it dents easily when anything is banged against the crib.
- The paint on the rails chips off easily, especially when your baby is teething.
5. High Quality Crib, Complete With Toddler Rail -Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail, Two Tone
If you are looking for a crib that is beautiful, good quality and complete with toddler Rail, this is the crib you are looking for.
This is a crib that will delight you with the mid-century modern appeal. It is a crib that will bring simple charm with stylish rounded spindles and an open radiant feel. You will be able to keep an eye on your baby since the crib has all-spindle sides.
Babyletto Hudson convertible crib is made of solid New Zealand pine wood with 4 positions mattress support to maximize comfort and safety for your newborn infants. It converts easily into a toddler bed and day bed with the conversion kit included.
- It is easy to assemble with a toddler rail included.
- It is made from good material that is solid, beautiful and sleek.
- It is not bulky.
- It is easily convertible with a great style and color.
- It can get dings if it is banged around and the stickers are super sticker and require an adhesive remover.
- You have to unscrew the mattress bottom base to a lower it on later.
- It has only one orientation for a toddler bed.
6. Good crib for Small Spaces - Babyletto Modo 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail, Espresso/White
This is a personal favorite
For those who want to be sustainable in terms of the environment, this crib is made of New Zealand pine grown in sustainable forests. The finish is non-toxic which makes the crib safe and reliable.
- It has a sleek, simple, contemporary and beautiful design.
- It compliments easily with designed beddings.
- This crib is on the bigger side in terms of space and is also convertible.
- It is highly functional with 3 heights for the mattress.
- The wood is so soft that it dents easily when something bangs against the crib. The paint also peels very easily.
This crib has a beautiful solid construction that makes a royal centerpiece for your nursery. It has three adjustable positions for the mattress. The crib and changer are stationary. If you are looking for a crib that is made of solid wood and wood products offering a selection of non-toxic and durable finishes.
When you purchase this crib, you are assured of saving money since it converts to a
- It is simple and sturdy.
- It is beautiful and not too difficult to put together.
- The changing table is very useful and it offers more storage space.
- It has well written instructions for assembly.
- It is pre-drilled for assembly.
- It has a strong smell when it is purchased that will require airing.
- It does not have a mattress included.
- You will need to buy additional parts to convert it
- It is heavy and hard to move.
8. Perfect Crib for Small Spaces - DaVinci Emily Mini Crib - Ebony and Crescent Mini Crib
If you are looking for a crib that will come with a mattress, this is the crib to go for. This crib is one of the smallest in the market making it perfect for small spaces. If you have twins, you can actually, but two of them and they will fit perfectly in your nursery.
What sets this mattress apart is the tree adjustable mattress levels. Most mini-cribs have just two. The highest level has the baby at an eye level and you will not need a bassinet. Though it is a mini crib, it can carry a weight of up to 50 lbs.
- It is low profile for easy reach.
- It has 3 easily adjustable mattress levels.
- It is non-toxic.
- It has a 1” waterproof changing pad included.
- It converts to a twin bed.
- According to some parents, this crib is too small and not spacious enough.
- Most parents wish the crib had wheels and was foldable.
- It does not convert to a toddler bed and the only option is to convert it to a twin size bed.
- It is hard to find sheets for this size of crib.
9. Nice Looking Affordable Crib - Graco Charleston Convertible Crib, Espresso
The fact that this crib converts 4 ways makes it much easier to have it stay in your home. It is also a beautiful crib that you assemble easily. You can convert it to a toddler bed and no guardrails are required for the conversion. You can also use it as a day bed and a
It fits perfectly in small spaces and it is easy to find beddings that fit in it. It has a nice look and comes at a great price.
- It has a very sturdy construction.
- It is easy to assemble.
- You have an easy task lowering the mattress in the crib.
- It does not come with a toddler guard rail.
- It does not have enough space underneath for storage.
- It is a bit too heavy to move.
10. Best Budget Crib - Union 3-in-1 Convertible Crib, Espresso Finish
Union 3-in-1 Convertible Crib is one of the best cheap cribs available on amazon. This is a crib that is stylish with a durable chic staple style. the simple design with clean lines
the mattress positions can be adjusted to four positions making it convenient for you and the baby. the finish is non-toxic and very safe for the baby.
- This crib is very light.
- It takes very few minutes to assemble.
- It comes in a variety of colors.
- You should be careful when assembling to avoid embedding scratches.
- A conversion kit has to be bought separately for the toddler and full
What is a Baby Crib?
Baby cribs are available in a lot of different sizes, shapes, colors and designs. Mostly, cribs are designed in basic and light colors. They have soft baby crib bedding and bright upholstery. According to some studies and researches, babies develop cognitive abilities much faster when they’re surrounded by shades of many different bright colors. Thus, most of the baby products are brightly colored.
Most of the time, a baby crib is made of metal or wood. It can also be foldable. These days, there are many different types of cribs easily available in the market. You can choose from rocking-type cribs, sleigh-type cribs, round-type cribs and a lot more. However, you need to make sure the material used for construction is non-toxic and does not cause any sort of harm to your child.
Different Types of Baby Cribs
There are various types of baby cribs available on the market such as standard baby cribs,round baby cribs,convertible baby cribs,and portable baby cribs.Considering that babies spend a large chunk of their time in the crib, safety and comfort are two things parents look for when shopping for a crib. Other factors such as design, durability and versatility also play a role in the final purchase decision. There are so many different types of baby cribs designed to meet the crucial requirements of safety and comfort as well as provide additional benefits such as versatility. Depending on your
These are the most basic of cribs, featuring the common crib design. A standard crib measures 30 inches by 54 inches and is recommended for use with babies 2 years old or younger.On the downside, the design styles are pretty basic, certainly not for someone looking for a crib with more aesthetic qualities. Furthermore, these cribs, due to their dimensions and lack of versatility, can only be used for a short time before you have to buy something bigger.
If you want a most popular baby crib that will grow along with your baby, this is it. A convertible crib can transform into several other forms depending on the design. For example, a 4-in-1 crib can be converted into a standard crib, a toddler bed, a day bed and a single or twin size bed. There is even a 5-in-1 crib that can convert into various other styles including a full sized bed. If this is too much for you, there is also a 2-in-1 crib.So if your baby starts out in the usual standard crib, you can convert it into a toddler bed when he outgrows the crib. This versatility is one of the best things about convertible beds. Not only is it convenient (no need to shop for a new bed), it saves money.A disadvantage of convertible cribs is the added cost. The best convertible cribs go for over $200 though you can find cheaper ones for around $200. It also takes quite some time and effort to convert from one form to another.A disadvantage of convertible cribs is the added cost. The best convertible cribs go for over $200 though you can find best- rated crib under $200 from the largest online market Amazon.com. It also takes quite some time and effort to convert from one form to another.
Portable Cribs/Travel Cribs
For families that travel often, having a lightweight baby crib is essential. Portable cribs feature light materials
Importance of Baby Cribs
Usually, a baby crib comes with soft and tender baby crib bedding. You need to make sure the bedding is well-fitted and snug. Large or loose bedding can cause your baby to get caught in it. You need to avoid such accidents and make sure the baby crib has a
Most companies also use the bedding and crib approved by a National or International agency responsible for setting and maintaining standards for baby products. While buying a baby crib and mattress, you should make sure synthetic materials or fibers have not been used. Although synthetic fibers look good, they may be harsh for your baby’s soft skin.
Baby cribs not only make sure your baby has a good night’s sleep, but also keep him protected. Within a crib, your baby will stay confined and secure. Some baby cribs also come with crib tents and safety nets. They can be easily installed on the baby crib to provide some extra protection. Baby cribs make sure your toddler does not fall off or get hurt.
Baby Cribs Buying Guide
Do you know what to look for when buying
Another important factor to consider is the pricing. Decide the maximum amount of money you are ready to spend. With a budget in mind, look for cribs in that price range. When buying online it is easy to sort product listings based on price. You will not be tempted to buy something out of your budget range. Remember that expensive does not always mean the best. There are some excellent baby cribs that are easily affordable.
Another major factor to consider is the longevity of the crib. It is always better to buy a baby crib with the ability to convert it into a toddler bed. In some cribs, you can even fold the frame to convert it into a twin size bed. If you’re planning to use a baby crib for many years or once again, a convertible crib will be your best choice. Although convertible cribs cost a bit more initially, they last much longer.
When you visit an offline or online store to buy a baby crib, you should check all the features. One side of the baby crib should come down for you to easily set up your baby in and even take him out without any problems. These days, you can also buy a crib with a drawer underneath. This can be a very convenient storage area. You should look for such accessories in baby cribs.
Last but not the least, you should think about how you’re going to use the baby crib. It is also important to determine what you would like to keep close to it. This will determine an appropriate size for the crib and where you want to place it in the nursery. While these are some basic factors, you also need to consider attaching a mobile, matching changing table, rocking chair and so on.
While buying a baby crib, you should always first look online. You can choose from a wide range of baby cribs online at affordable prices. You can take measurements of the area in your nursery and place an appropriate order. Most online sellers and companies even give money back guarantees and offer return policies. Just make sure you conduct an extensive research to make the best choice. A baby crib will be a second home to your toddler, and it needs to be perfect.
Think about the available space for the crib. If you have a generous space, it gives you more choices. For small spaces, you are limited to small cribs or those that fold up.
With so many factors to consider and so many options to choose from, finding the best baby cribs can become a dizzying whirlwind for parents. Hopefully,the above guide will help parents to choose the best cribs 2016 for newborn babies.
Important Features of Best Cribs
Adjustable mattress height: You can lower the mattress height when the baby starts becoming more active. This prevents the baby from falling out.
Stability: If a crib wobbles even a little, do not buy it. The wobbling will get worse and put your baby in danger of injury.
Teething rail: As babies grow up and start teething, they tend to gnaw at the wooden railing of the crib. This can injure them and also reduce the life of your crib. To avoid this, look for a crib fitted with a teething rail.
Assembled or not: Most cribs, especially those bought online, come disassembled for easier and cheaper shipping.
Drop down sides: Before 2011,
Are Used Baby Cribs Safe?
A used baby cribs will save you money. But is it a good idea to lay your baby in a used crib? The short answer, no, there are too many safety risks associated with used baby cribs,and that's why you shouldn't buy the used crib for your newborn child. For one, safety standards are always changing as experts uncover new risks.
A used crib may also not be as sturdy as a new one. It can injure your baby if it falls apart, especially as the baby grows older and more active. If you are not confident that a crib can handle a baby jumping up and down, do not buy it.
If at all you have to buy or borrow a used baby crib, first check the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s (CPSC) crib recall list. If
Frequently Asked Questions About Cribs:
Q. Are there any hazards in my baby’s crib that I need to be aware of?
Your mattress should fit in snugly, an
Q. How can I tell when my baby is ready for a regular bed?
When your baby stands more than a few inches taller than the sidebars with the mattress at its lowest position. Also, if your child is climbing out of the crib.
Q. How should I put my baby to sleep in his crib?
Place your baby on his back or side for sleeping. Use one piece sleepers rather than
Q. Is a mesh sided crib safe to use for my baby?
Yes, a mesh is safe as long as the mesh is less than ¼ inch size, smaller than a tiny button on baby’s clothes. This should be loose threads, tears or rips. If staples are used to attach the mesh they should not be exposed and it should be securely attached to the top rail and the floor plate.
Q. What can I do to keep my baby’s crib safe?
Make sure all connections are secure and that there are no broken or missing parts. Check the teething rail for splits or cracks.
Q. Can I hang a mobile over my baby’s crib?
Mobiles and crib gyms can be used to entertain the baby, but when your child is able to reach them, it is advisable to remove them to avoid your baby getting entangled in them.
A final piece of advice; plan. Before you start looking around for a crib, plan a few things in advance. Have a budget ready. Measure out